Social Media Intern
The Social Media Intern is responsible for coordinating and executing the company’s social media strategy, working across key social media channels including Facebook, and Instagram. This role will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence and gaining visibility for our brand among clients.
- Assist with streamlining business social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and other social media platforms), ensuring uniform content and tone of voice for landing pages, graphics, and other elements within the communities.
- Increase the number of followers we have on Instagram by following and engaging with potential clients.
- Monitoring and replying to post from clients
- Posting on a daily basis; and using scheduling tools to plan forward-looking post over weekends and holidays.
- Re-purpose content from other sources for our own social media channels (and understand how to change the tone of the content for each channel)
- Track key social media analytics on a monthly basis, including Google Analytics
- Other administrative duties as assigned
Key Skills Required for the Role:
- Proven written communication skills, and a passion for writing.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
- An interest in marketing, communications, social media or reputation management
- Familiarity with key social media tools (e.g. Instagram and Facebook) and with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- An ability to consistently demonstrate our values of insight, hard work, and effectiveness in your personal approach to work
- Excellent attention to detail An ability to prioritize work and complete tasks with quick turnaround times
Looking for a proactive, hard worker that is seeking a fun but challenging position. A solid understanding of Photoshop and Illustrator are a must. Experience with Copy Writing, Social Media Marketing, Photography and Photo Editing are a huge plus. Must be able to work weekends as need for events. Students applying for this internship should be a student in a Marketing/Business or related majors, with a solid understanding of social media as a marketing strategy.
Position to start as Part Time, Seasonal but may lead to Part Time, year-round with the right candidate.