The Wrestling Academy - Wrestling Coach
The Wrestling Academy is currently seeking a highly motivated College Level Wrestling Coach who will be involved in all areas of coaching and administering a variety of highly competitive wrestling programs at The Wrestling Academy.
Qualified applicants should have achieved College wrestling success at the National level, exhibit an extensive knowledge of wrestling techniques and rules as well as a strong commitment to high achievement and support for all athletes.
- Ability to effectively teach fundamentals, position details and strategies of Wrestling during preparation and practice sessions.
- Work one-on-one with wrestlers to assess abilities, develop goals and objectives for each athlete.
- Help instill sound nutrition practices to ensure athletes are well-nourished without significantly over or under focusing on wrestling weight class.
- teaches athletes the fundamentals of sportsmanship. This includes appropriate and inappropriate conduct on and off the mat, such as respect for rivals and officials
- Ability to motivate teams to become successful.
- Ability to travel and national events.
- Ability to efficiently operate a personal computer and associated software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Ability to interact in an effective and appropriate manner
- Ability to detect and correct grammatical and spelling errors in written correspondence.
- Ability to maintain files accurately, in paper and in software programs.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work summer camps.
- Even though wrestling is an individual sport, team cohesiveness can contribute to increased camaraderie and moral support, which can ultimately lead to enhanced performance levels. A wrestling coach. A wrestling coach is also charged with encouraging teammates to work with each other, follow industry safety standards and strive for pre-established goals.
- Must have knowledge of current wrestling rules and regulations.
- Ability to teach fundamental skills and team concepts of wrestling.
- Ability to interact with athletes of different ages and wrestling skill levels in a positive and professional manner.
- At least two (2) years of collegiate coaching experience preferred.
- Previous collegiate wrestling experience required.
- Valid driver license.
- A proven record of integrity, high principles and demonstrated skill in developing and motivating athletes academically and athletically.
- A USA Wrestling background check and Coaches Card will be required of the successful applicant.